The Canadian Manufacturing Technology Show 2019 (CMTS 2019) kicks off this week at The International Centre in Toronto, Ontario. This manufacturing and technology mecca will feature more than 3,000,000 pounds of manufacturing equipment in action. The show will also create a space where attendees can connect with 700+ suppliers of technologies and solutions under one roof demonstrating live, working equipment.
Be sure to visit the SME Zone
The SME ZONE is the nerve centre of everything happening at CMTS. Major attractions will be hosted in the SME ZONE – and while you’re there, learn how SME can help you grow your business and advance your career. SME can help you keep up with advancing technology, maintain your innovative edge, develop your workforce, help you close the skills gap, connect you with the manufacturing industry, expand your network, and much more. Manufacturing comes with challenges; SME offers solutions.
“Ask Me Anything Manufacturing” (#AMAmfg)
The Ask Me Anything Manufacturing (#AMAmfg) series, presented by SME in conjunction with CMTS, provides a forum for technology users to ask questions of and get advice from leading experts in key technology areas. Sessions are are held as live webinars or face-to-face onsite at CMTS. Webinars are recorded and will be posted on this page soon after the sessions are held.
Check out the live sessions in the SME Zone | Booth 2741:
- Iterate Quickly: How to Learn from Failed AM Builds with technical expert Mihaela Vlasea, PhD, Assistant Professor, University of Waterloo
Monday, September 30 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- What Exactly is IoT and Is It Just for Big Manufacturers with Big Budgets? with technical expert Mark Corker, Founder, MTechHub
Tuesday, October 1 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- The Next Stage of Human-Machine Collaboration with technical expert Matthew Kim, Managing Director & Industry X.0 Lead, Accenture
Wednesday, October 2 | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Looking to network?
CMTS includes several signature networking events where the industry comes together to connect, share and celebrate manufacturing. Maximize your face-to-face opportunities to connect with fellow attendees, speakers, industry leaders and exhibitors.
- Opening Night Reception – CMTS VIPs, exhibitors, partners and media will celebrate the opening of CMTS 2019!
- Late-Night Show Floor Social – Join attendees for the ‘late night at CMTS’ where exhibits are open until 8:00 PM so busy job shops don’t have to shut down to visit CMTS.
- Conference Delegates Receptions – Conference delegates, speakers, advisors and sponsors are invited to enjoy this time to connect daily after their sessions wrap up.
- Exhibitor Socials – Found amongst the exhibits, enjoy the elevated experience many exhibitors offer through hospitality events within their booth during event hours.
Are you a student?
Students are invited to discover and explore the world of advanced manufacturing and a brand new learning experience at CMTS 2019 on October 3, 2019. More than 200 high school students from the surrounding area will descend upon The International Centre to attend the SME Education Foundation Student Summit event at CMTS. The Student Summit event series delivers student-centric programming, hands-on challenges and competitions, technology demonstrations, and guided show-floor tours at SME conferences and trade shows across the country.
The Student Drone Challenge
The goal during the challenge is for students to fly, configure, reverse engineer, design, build and code drones. Student teams compete against each other while learning about integrating hardware and software systems. Most importantly, they’ll experience the clean and high-tech manufacturing process that is often overlooked while exploring the role of a mechanical engineer and drone pilot.
Guided Show-Floor Tour and Technology Demonstrations
Students and educators will discover new manufacturing technologies, processes, innovations and educational opportunities as they interact with manufacturing exhibitors during a guided tour of the CMTS show floor.
For information about speaking at or attending an SME Education Foundation Student Summit, please contact Sandy Wilton at email@example.com.
*Some contributions to this article were made by the official CMTS website.