- Career Level Individual Contributor
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Diploma
Prepares bids and proposal documents by determining concept; gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; obtaining approvals; printing and arranging shipping.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attends strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal/document information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal/document by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Proven success with bid/proposal writing in high pressure, short timeline situations. Can complete independently as well as collaborating with a team. Experience compiling large comprehensive proposals and responding to multiple RFPs, simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, flexible and excellence-focused attitude. Committed and passionate -will go the extra mile.
- Ability to learn quickly, conduct research, assimilate information and turn thoughts into written word
- Collaborate well with others to meet objectives and are open to suggestions that allow you to produce superior work.
- Excellent time management abilities; able to prioritize time and resources efficiently, and prepare for and welcome the unexpected. Works well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Solid knowledge of MS word and use it as a tool to create aesthetically pleasing documents.
Desired Skills & Experience Skills/Qualifications: Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of MS Word and its use as a tool to create aesthetically pleasing documents
- Intermediate level proficiency in Adobe InDesign a plus
- Foreign language skills a plus
- 6+ years’ experience writing RFP’s, proposals, bids
- BA or BS or Masters in one of the following disciplines: Journalism, Communications, English
Physical Demands, Equipment and Machinery The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and storing supplies and materials throughout the day could be typical of this position. Performing work on a desktop or laptop computer requiring manual dexterity to operate keyboards, fax machines, calculators, photocopying equipment, cell phone and multi-line phone could be typical of this position.