- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Certificate
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Receives production order (pocket) and determines that adequate cartons/boxes have been placed at line.
- Notifies material handler if additional cartons are needed for the packing run.
- Feeds blanks into machine; visually inspects product for defects and reports defects to machine adjuster immediately.
- Shuts off machine if line jams; clears minor jams or calls machine adjuster.
- Packs items in designated boxes and cartons (style and size) per customer order.
- Places identification labels on cartons.
- Reports production on production report.
- Reports to authorized personnel any malfunction of assigned equipment or any major incidence of defective product or packing materials.
- May be required to do rework on finished product.
- May be required to work on auxiliary equipment (punch, drill, etc.).
- Sweeps and cleans up work area during and at the end of shift.
- Must be able to safety and efficiently perform scheduled operator preventative maintenance and general housekeeping duties.
- Responsible for arriving/leaving workstation on time and taking breaks when authorized.
- Must be able to conduct, document and report quality assurance checks as instructed to include notifying supervisor of immediate quality issues.
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
- May act as material handler in moving skids or making cartons when line is down.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
- Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum: 1 year of machine packer experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum: 1 year of quality inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math skills with the ability calculate fractions and measure using a ruler.
- Basic computer skills
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace
- Ability to perform work safely
- Reliable ; Dependable transportation