- Career Level Entry Level
- Experience 5 Years
- Education Certificate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for management of direct reports.
- Accountable to the Director to provide the staffing resources to execute on the agreed project deliverables and an agreed schedule.
- Responsible for reporting on status of projects that are part of a government grant or other funding programs.
- Follows, advocates and helps implement the corporate NPI process
- Assists in identifying the resource and material costs/requirements for the project
- Works with the project team to identify and mitigate risks – developing and documenting a risk mitigation plan
- Assists the TPM in developing the project schedules (identifies critical paths). POM owns the responsibility for creation and maintenance of project schedules.
- Responsible for entry and maintenance of all product information and data in SalesForce, Agile, and Max
- Maintains and tracks the project schedules
- Assists the TPM, where required, in the coordination of project team development activities and for the effective follow-up – facilitating communication between individuals and teams.
- Generates project meeting minutes (including action item identification, assignment and follow-up) as per the requests of the TPM.
- Tracks all development, product verification, engineering services and manufacturing activities and identifies any potential project issues and challenges, including resource exposures or conflicts.
- Ensures that project status reports are generated on time as required.
- Works with TPMs, MPMs, Manufacturing (including Scheduling, Test, and Procurement) in developing product BOMs for each level of all new products
- Responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of required input to the Technical Documentation team
- Responsible for providing communication on project status throughout the organization
- Ensures that project status reports are generated on time as required
- Works with the MPM’s and Director to define a product deployment plan
- Works with the MPM and TPM to coordinate and ensure training is provided for Technical Support, Commissioning, Sales Engineer, and Training team
- Owns and manages the Product release checklist and is responsible for ensuring that all disciplines (manufacturing, Marketing, Developments, etc) follow through with and complete tasks required for a successful release
Product Lifecycle Management:
- Works with the Technical Support and Development teams, via an escalation process, to ensure customer satisfaction by managing and tracking any product deployment issues – providing prompt and appropriate customer communications.
- Tracks all field service issues and report on them internally as well as any required customer communications
- Where necessary, consults with the Field Service Team, TPM and MPM’s to determine any necessary actions required to resolve customer issues and/or dissatisfactions
- Responsible for maintenance (ECO, MCO, EOL, etc) of all manufacturing data for all released products
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining manufactured product costing and reporting any appreciable changes to TPM and MPM
- Responsible for communication throughout the organization for all product updates and new code releases
- Post-secondary education, engineering degree is a strong asset.
- PMI Certification is an asset
- Strong logistics and planning background.
- Familiarity with the product development process and the associated requirements of manufacturing.
- Familiarity with software planning and development.
- Strong knowledge of PM tools.
- Experience working with vendors, sheet metal shops, 3rd party manufacturers is an asset