- Career Level Manager
- Experience 2 Years
- Education Undergraduate
NEL Hydrogen has positioned itself as a global player for the rapidly growing hydrogen economy. We
develop, manufacture, install and service complex products for a young but fast-growing market. Safety
is a priority before anything else we do – and we have decided throughout the Nel group to launch a
global safety program.
About the job position
The fulltime Safety Officer position is a new position that has been created to help increase the safe
awareness and behavior in Nel Fueling.
The Safety Officer will belong to the division in Herning, Denmark – but will also support the smaller
sales and service subsidiaries (currently Korea and California). The Safety Officer will report to the VP of
The role of the Safety Officer will be to help change the safety culture from a compliance culture to a
commitment culture where the mindset is to care for safety because ‘we want to’ and not just because
‘we have to’.
The Safety Officer will be part of the corporate safety group as well as work with employees on all levels
in the fueling division.
The role of the Safety Officer will be everything from helping with risk evaluations, making procedures,
train and support our employees and also audit that the processes are being followed internally in the
factory as well as externally in service and installation matters where safety is just as critical. Further
there will also be work with suppliers and contractors as we expect our partners to follow and lead a
high safety standard.
Your tasks will include
• Lead the safety program in the fueling division.
• Develop a roadmap of safety activities together with the counterparts from other divisions in
Nel and the corporate HSE team
• Ensure and develop procedures for best practices within Nel
• Manage and track safety KPIs and identify actions to close gap
• Help train the organization in doing risks assessment and train the organization in this
www.nelhydrogen.com Page 2 of 2
• Conduct audits in the division as well as train the organization in this
You have a relevant educational background most likely on marine engineer or engineer level and it is
critical that you have documented experience from a similar position from a risk related industry e.g. oil
& gas or wind power. Further it is also necessary that the candidate has experience with safety in onsite work where there are several stakeholders and construction work is ongoing.
With the sales and service entities currently in Korea and California and more to come, it is important
that the candidate speaks/writes English on a high level + have a good cultural understanding. Travelling
to our sites is also required and will in total be around 60 days pr. year.
• Proven experience from a safety officer position or similar.
• Most likely an education on B.Sc. level in a technical field
• You are robust and persistent when it comes to safety – and not afraid of taking the lead
• You understand the function of complex process equipment – to be able to match the safety
• Experience with Microsoft office and ERP systems
• Communicate fluently in written and verbal English
It will be an advantage if you have
• Experience from a risk-based industry
• Experience with Pressurized equipment and ATEX related equipment
• Experience with safety with on-side work (e.g. construction work of process equipment or similar)
• Good communication skills – and people listen and follow your guidance