- Career Level Other
- Experience 8 Years +
- Education Undergraduate
As Spin’s Global Head of Business Development, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on the vision and strategy of Spin’s Business Development team. You will be responsible for building and leading a team, developing and advancing key relationships, and crafting and executing a plan that allows Spin to leverage BD in service of: (1) accelerating growth of Spin riders, (2) increasing the quality of services available on the Spin platform, (3) capturing new green space for Spin, (4) improving the health of our P&L, and (5) collaborating effectively with Ford and other business units in the Ford Mobility family.
You have an excellent ability to think strategically and analytically about business opportunities, as well as a strong record of driving high-value strategic partnerships with large, important institutions across the globe, spanning both public and private sectors. To succeed in this role, you will need a keen sense of responsibility and an ability to inspire.
- Set a clear vision for how Spin’s Business Development team can help Spin deliver on its mission of bringing people, communities, and their urban environment closer together through reliable transportation.
- Develop Spin’s global business development strategic plan that identifies and prioritizes the key markets, verticals, and opportunities best aligned with Spin’s overall company strategy.
- Develop clear frameworks and financial models for identifying and prioritizing BD opportunities.
- Execute on Spin’s top business development opportunities by working with key internal stakeholders, including Product, Engineering, Operations, Legal, and Ford.
- Identify specific strategic partners to approach, cultivate the requisite senior relationships, and effectively communicate Spin’s value proposition and potential Business Development opportunities.
- Prepare and present business reviews to Spin’s and Ford’s Executive Leadership regarding progress and roadblocks with key deals.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and thrive in the fast pace of our company without compromising on an ability to dive into the details and finer points of deals.
- Anticipate challenges, remove blockers, and create the set of conditions necessary for the success of every member of Spin’s Business Development team.
- Approximately 15 years or more of relevant BD experience, with over 5 years managing large deals and teams.
- Experience with establishing, maintaining, and leveraging VP and C-level relationships at partner companies.
- Ability to fuse business, strategy, finance, and legal concepts to lead complex, multi-faceted deals.
- Strong financial modeling skills .
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong leadership skills.
- World class closing ability to ensure deals get across the finish line.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Deep experience working with technology companies and extensive senior relationships with business leaders across the world’s leading tech and mobility companies.