Director of Engineering Vidir
• Metallurgical Engineer (P.Eng -APEGS), Master in Engineering and MBA, over 15 years of experience in manufacturing environment (steel, copper) and project management.
• Coordinated a product development of heavy steel plates for oil/gas applications (petroleum platforms for Petrobras) with special mechanical properties and improved weldability (safety level), becoming the third company in the world to be certified by a world class bureau (DNV).
• Managed and implemented an EPCM project for a vertically integrated manufacturer (copper valve manufacturer), including large capital projects (US$ 6 million in investments) – main achievements: increased productivity by 50%, scrap level from 3.5% to 1.5%, reduced manufacturing costs by 35% and accidents by 75%.
• Implemented 15 projects of sealing systems for USA automotive market (off-road engines, shock absorber and power steering applications), including customers like Cummins, Delphi, General Motors and TRW, increasing turnover by US$2.5M in 2005.
• Attended customer’s complaints and supported customers issues regarding material selection and process orientation (welding, coatings, ultra-sound), providing integration between Sales and Manufacturing.
• Strong Quality concerned professional, being trained in several standards, such as ISO9000/14000, TS16949, Total Productivity Management, Lean Manufacturing and other quality tools (APQP, FMEA, PPAP, DOE).