Will Solar Power Lead to the Future of Space Exploration?
- The Planetary Society launched the second-ever solar sail spacecraft last month, LightSail 2.
- The unique design could transform deep space exploration as it does not need fuel or expensive rockets.
- The spacecraft operates using only the power of photons from the Sun.
- LightSail 2 deploys a sail made from Mylar that unfolds to almost 300 square feet
- The spacecraft is expect to orbit for about a year before falling back to Earth’s atmosphere.
- The organization is hopeful that the technology will be applied to missions searching for life in the solar system.
Using Community-Generated Content to Build Engagement
Community-generated content (CGC) is a powerful tool for building a sense of community and encouraging engagement around your media content. By featuring content created by your community, you can create a more personal and authentic connection with your viewers while also encouraging them to engage with your brand and share their own stories. What is […]
Plumbing Industry: Providing Support and Adding Value to Your Employees
After the 2008 recession, unemployment reached a high of 10 percent, double the rate in December 2007 of five percent. In the midst of the economic downturn, James Terry managed to start a plumbing company, GreenTeam. Why and how did Terry decide to start his business at this time, and how has the culture […]
Go Paperless: Moving from a Manual to Electronic Tracking System
Many medical instruments are reusable, which has made tracking them through the sterilization process very important. These instruments often require inspection, maintenance, and sterilization to ensure maximum patient safety. Some healthcare facilities still track their instruments with paper and pen, exposing them to human error, credibility, time-consuming recalls, and boxes of archives that need to be stored. […]