5 Tips for Writing a Great Resume
As we all know, job searching can be a difficult and time consuming endeavor, especially when you’re trying to find new and unique ways to communicate your skills and experience. That is why we have put together a list of our top 5 tips for writing and effective resume.
1. Create a professional email address and make sure that your social channels are up to date.
- Use services like Gmail, Outlook and iCloud to create a professional email address that features your name.
- Use tools like Linkedin to help give your potential employer an informed look at who you are as well as insight to your experience.
- Never underestimate the power of soft selling yourself as many hiring managers look through social media to find information on applicants.
2. Study the Job Posting
- Look for keywords in the job postings and make sure that you understand what makes the ideal candidate.
- Find how your skills lend themselves to the description and make sure you include them in your resume when they are relevant.
3. Review Other Industry Resume Examples
- If you have an idea of a career path that you would like to work in, you should study examples of resumes from your industry for inspiration and best practices. This is especially true when working in niche markets or B2B industries.
- This is also a great way to make sure your qualifications match or exceed candidates looking for similar positions.
4. Consider Using a Professional Template
- Since employers have only a short time to review your resume, it should be as clear and as easy to read as possible.
- Designers have the skills to make your resume not only easy to read but to stand out from the crowd as well.
- Additionally, resume templates can save you a lot of time and effort, allowing you to apply for more jobs.
5. Have a Trusted Colleague Review Your Resume
- It is helpful for an objective third party to look at your resume from the eyes of an employer and look for ways you can correct or improve it.
- While there are numerous proofreading tools available for you to use, it is also helpful to ask a trusted friend or colleague to review your resume.
We hope these tips prove to be useful in your job search and if you are looking for the best way to get hired, go to MarketScale’s careers page to find the perfect job for you. We have hundreds of job postings in every industry all over the world, making MarketScale your go to resource for all things B2B.
Follow us on social media for the latest updates in B2B!