- Career Level Other
- Experience 8 Years +
- Education Master’s Degree
Chemical and Thermal Engineer
Location: Houston, TX | Compensation: TBD
Viking Cold Solutions is the leading sustainability technology for temperature-controlled logistics. Our intelligent Thermal Energy Storage (TES) systems minimize energy use while better protecting food inside frozen food warehouses, supermarkets, and restaurants across the globe. We are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our team and help us continue to tackle some of the world’s biggest energy and food challenges with our award-winning TES technology.
The Chemical and Thermal Engineer will conduct research in Thermal Science, Storage/Heat Transfer and Phase Change Materials (PCM) for low temperature applications (<10⁰C). Research will include product development and testing using Viking Cold Solutions equipment and coordination with other laboratories. The candidate will use and oversee maintenance and upgrade of test equipment, formulate and improve testing procedures and protocols, and thoroughly document research. The candidate will develop and issue reports of the research results, along with development of intellectual property or patent filings related to that research.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform multiple simultaneous research, product development, and production projects from initiation to completion
- Conduct regimented testing, assemble data, and present progress and final reports
- Formulate and document testing procedures, protocols, and certifications
Skills and Experience
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree, Ph.D. or pursuing Ph.D. in the field of Phase Change Materials, Heat Transfer or Chemical Engineering.
- Knowledge of thermal energy storage and inorganic chemistry (binary, ternary system phase diagrams)
- Demonstrated research and laboratory experience
- Fundamental understanding of thermodynamics and heat transfer principles and demonstrated experience working with experimental setups and conducting tests related to heat transfer for low temperature facilities (<10⁰C)
- Ability to work independently and conduct research based on product and market demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Spanish is a plus
- Strong experience in Excel, Matlab, Tableau or other data intensive analysis and graphing
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Power Point (reports)
- Renewables & Environment