- Career Level Other
- Experience 5 Years
- Education Undergraduate
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular-season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Position
XFL is looking for a Network engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support its growing network infrastructure. The engineer will be responsible for designing and developing high performing, high availability networks that are fully scalable and meet XFL business objectives.
What you will do
- Manage the Cisco corporate network infrastructure switches and routers
- Manage the Palo Alto next-generation firewalls including creation of firewall rules, security hardening, and VPN configurations
- Manage the Cisco Meraki wireless infrastructure
- Manage remote office location SDWAN and/or IPSEC VPN based connectivity
- Share management of cloud-based server infrastructure including FTP and application servers
- Share management of cloud-based Active Directory domain
- Continuously revise technology architecture in light of emerging technologies and optimize financial value
- Monitor network engineering performance and ensure system availability
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades on all core networking devices
- Participate in discovery, design, and delivery of client and server architecture to include hardware platforms, client applications, server services, Operating Systems, storage networks to support future cloud-based VOIP/SIP systems
- Select and implement security tools and policies that correlate to XFL enterprise security guidelines
- Oversee network support and security; select and leverage enterprise tools to manage, monitor and secure environment
- Develop and maintain system performance metrics and monitoring approach
- Minimum of 5-7 years networking and systems administration in a high availability enterprise-class network architecture
- Expert knowledge of Cisco switching and routing
- Proficiency in Palo Alto firewall management and IPSec VPN creation/configuration
- Strong knowledge of Cisco Meraki or comparable cloud mesh wireless network infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server administration and Active Directory management and services including DNS and DHCP management
- Demonstrated experience in UCaaS collaboration and cloud telecom services implementation, design, and management
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, 802.11)
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFLwill be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining, or extending work authorization. **
By submitting this application I acknowledge and understand that Alpha Entertainment LLC [XFL] will collect and use my personal information in accordance with XFL’s Applicant Privacy Notice (https://www.xfl.com/legal/ccpa/xfl-applicant-notice).