On this Business Casual snippet, hosts Daniel Litwin and Tyler Kern and producer Taylor Bagley give analysis on the dozens of beef, pork and chicken processing plants that have closed due to the pandemic. High-speed, close-quarters, and grueling work have made meat processing facilities hubs for the spread of COVID-19, escalating to the point where one Smithfield pork plan in South Dakota become the largest cluster for COVID-19 in the whole nation. The Business Casual hosts break down…
- How shutting down slaughterhouses affects the whole supply chain
- What protections were given to workers
- Why slaughterhouses have become perfect incubators for the novel coronavirus
- How companies like Smithfield are responding
- How the global food supply chain can improve and adapt during the pandemic
For the latest news, videos, and podcasts in the Food & Beverage Industry, be sure to subscribe to our industry publication.
Follow us on social media for the latest updates in B2B!