ADUSA’s Guide to Kiosk Self-Ordering Software
on January 31, 2019
When deciding on self-ordering software for your kiosk, there is much to consider. ADUSA has compiled a list of the top ten most important factors to provide insight and help you make the right choice.
- Avoid POS vendors and vendors that sell a “complete solution.”
- Look for software that adheres to American Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines for accessibility and integrates navigational devices that address a wide range of disabilities.
- Look for software that is compliant with the FDA’s Menu Labeling Law.
- Look for software that has a user interface that has been certified by a Human Factors professional.
- Avoid software vendors that offer to manage your menus for you––for a fee.
- Look for a software vendor that offers software licensing as well as a monthly subscription option.
- Ensure that the system has a comprehensive menu management system that can take in menu content extracted from the POS.
- The self-order software should not only use the existing payment infrastructure but also not store sensitive customer data.
- Ensure that the software is integrated with existing POS, as well as the payment processing infrastructure.
- Ensure that the software has all the functional components that are essential for guests to have an excellent self-ordering experience.
Download white paper here.