How to Make Contactless Queuing Easy
Contactless Queuing Made Easy
Businesses that serve customers or patients in physical locations are undergoing a substantial operational disruption due to COVID-19. They may be reopening or, as an essential business, simply rethinking how to organize queuing while maintaining social distancing recommendations.
Keeping Employees and Customers Safe
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued social distancing guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. The CDC defines social distancing as maintaining six feet from others not in your immediate household. This practice is one more tool in the prevention toolbox to reduce the chance of contagion for your employees and customers.
But how can your business manage social distancing in queues?
Managing Social Distancing in Queues
Many companies are using stickers on the floor to demonstrate the appropriate six feet of distance. Those make sense for lines, but what can you do to eliminate the line altogether?
Looking to technology is the solution for the greater observance of social distancing.
Using contactless queuing software can add another layer of protection and assist with many common situations, including:
- Lobby management: Use a virtual queue to let customers know when it’s their turn. You can minimize interactions by using a self-service check-in. No physical lines required.
- Appointment scheduling: Ensure you limit the number of customers in your space by offering appointment scheduling. That way, no one comes to your location until the appointment time, offering another way to reduce lines.
- Check-ins for walk-ins: If your business serves walk-in customers, provide them a check-in option using their smartphone. They will then get notifications regarding their place in line via SMS. This process removes the need to queue physically.
In all these scenarios, you can offer a mobile app that delivers the options to schedule, check in or join the virtual queue. The app pushes information to users via real-time wait times and updates.
Who Can Use Contactless Queuing?
The system applies to any industry that serves the public and has lines. It works wonderfully for a wide variety of locations, from bank branches to physician offices and government entities.
The solution will help with social distancing, but it has many other benefits, including:
- Improving employee efficiency
- Creating a better customer experience
- Monitoring productivity
- Staff allocation models
- Reducing abandonment
Contactless queuing has the opportunity to be useful in a post-pandemic world. You’ll be able to see traffic patterns and insights that can further improve your operations.
Plus, using NEMO-Q’s solution is easy and straightforward. It doesn’t require a massive implementation or extensive training, and you can choose from multiple hosting options, then deploy it in a few clicks, as it’s a web-based application.
See How It Works Today
Learn more about NEMO-Q’s COVID-19 queueing options today by booking a demo.