Greenpeace Report Puts Distance Between Big Tech and Big Oil: Business Casual
On this snippet of Business Casual, host Daniel Litwin considers the implications of Google’s pledge, setting two monolithic pillars of industry—big tech versus big oil—against each other in a struggle to preserve and/or exploit earth’s resources.
- How will Google’s pledge affect long-standing relationships between big oil and big tech and contracts already in motion?
- Will this move drive a permanent wedge between the two industries?
- What will happen to whole divisions of big tech companies that are devoted solely to capturing new oil business?
- Is this just talk—more or less a PR push by Google to ward off retaliation and flack as a result of the Greenpeace report—or will they actually walk the climate-change walk?
- Will distancing themselves from big oil negatively impact Google’s core business?
- Will increased scrutiny on big oil companies eventually result in a complete restructuring of their business model and their place in our economy?
Follow us on social media for the latest updates in B2B!