A New Look at the Checkout Experience: Retail Refined
In this episode we discuss how FutureProof is helping propel the industry forward when it comes to the acceleration of contactless and mobile payments in grocery, fashion and beyond. No longer a generational conversation, we are seeing an emergence of the DIY consumer and we speak about how that is shaping adoption. And the automated checkout experience is not only powering efficiency and convenience but it’s enabling deeper levels of personalization as they are able to layer in product recommendations, track location navigation. The star is still the store, and technology is powering the hybridization of offline and online convergence.
Di Di Chan is the President and Co-Founder of FutureProof Retail, a New York-based company with the mission of bringing frictionless shopping technologies into physical retail stores. FutureProof leads in providing simple, quality, and customizable Mobile Checkout and Mobile Order Ahead solutions for retailers. Di Di is a global entrepreneur who is passionate about technology, education, and sustainability. Her experience and network in over 15 different countries directly shape FutureProof Retail’s global vision, bringing their solutions to three continents and five different types of retail to date. She holds an M.A. in Economics from New York University and a B.A. in Global Studies from the University of California, Los Angeles.
What Melissa Asked
– What are is FutureProof doing to help propel the industry forward when it comes to contactless payments? Recently your company has offered your services at NO cost to retailers:
– Who are some of your customers today? (ie: Fairway and some stats you can share)
– You started with a focus on grocery, why?
– What sector do you see following in terms of adoption? (Fashion…)
– Pre-COVID 19, we saw brick and mortar conviction with retailers like Amazon and Alibaba entering physical retail, how do you see that evolving?
– Based on your data, what do you see as far as generational adoption of tech/ you have stated that “age isn’t the differentiator”?
– When we are able to leave our homes again, what are the 3 top things you see yourself doing first in NYC?
Catch up on previous episodes of Retail Refined!
Teach For America Today: Not Your Parents’ TFA
Teach For America (TFA) started with an idea in 1989 by Wendy Kopp. The TFA formally launched in 1990 with a mission to provide all children in America with an excellent education. More than thirty-three years later, TFA is continually improving itself by expanding its network and resources with initiatives like TFA’s Reinvention Lab. […]
‘Everything Everywhere All At Once’ Reminds Scientists and Metaphysicians That Researching the Multiverse Has Important Thematic Fundamentals
The multiverse theory has been the subject of scientific research and philosophical debate for decades. It is a theory that suggests the existence of multiple universes beyond our own, each with its own unique physical laws and properties. Along with the recent phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, 2023’s Best Picture-winning film Everything Everywhere All […]
Adapting the SLR Magic of Anamorphic Filmmaking to the Panasonic Lumix Ecosystem Creates Endless Filmmaking Possibilities
The Panasonic Lumix System revolutionized independent filmmaking through the convergence of a handheld DSLR style body, larger than video camera sensors for a narrow depth of field, and the versatility and utility of interchangeable lenses. By being mirrorless and with the use of adapters, a broad gamut of vintage and modern lenses became available for […]