As a Bloomberg News reporter, Josh Baylin covered technology and telecommunications policy way back at the beginning of the mobile communications revolution, leading to highly sought-after invitations to both the White House Correspondents Dinner and Congressional Internet Caucus. His investor-focused, data-driven style led to later roles as an industry analyst and investor for Legg Mason Wood Walker, Inc., and SAC Capital Advisors LP. After leaving Wall Street, he founded Velocity Growth Inc., a data and automation company focused on robotic process automation, data analytics, and visualization. Passionate about using data and automation to drive value, in 2019, Baylin joined Brain Corp.
Based in San Diego, Brain Corp is a technology company specializing in creating the world’s best AI software for building and using intelligent autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) that can support people in dynamic public spaces, such as grocery stores, retail stores, airports, hospitals, malls, universities, and more, assisting with dull, dirty, or dangerous tasks so humans have more time to do what they are uniquely qualified to do. With a concentrated focus on strategy and business development for the company, Baylin serves as Brain Corp’s Senior Director of Strategy.
- How autonomous mobile robots support retail employees while providing valuable data insights to managers, helping to optimize store operations
- How Brain Corp’s AI solution differentiates from others
- What BrainOS is
- How retail workspaces are evolving, and the role robotics play in assisting employees with new day-to-day challenges
- Brain Corp’s latest innovations around shelf scanning and how they help with store mapping, planogram planning, compliance, and pricing accuracy
- Specific shelf scanning and delivery robot case studies, including lessons learned, outcomes and how sales were improved for those retailers
- Surprising learnings/outcomes Baylin has seen in 2020
- His take on the future of robotics in retail over the next 2 to 5 years
- And more!