5 Ways to Position Your Retail Brand
1. Show Up – Start posting. It can be as simple as a meme (people freakin love memes) or a quote. Or maybe it’s something from your industry. As you build your courage, you can start getting edgier and share content you’ve personally written.
2. Look the part – Professional headshots and photography ensure people will actually want to look at what content you create. Plus, it attracts your ideal customers. Learn more about taking lifestyle photos that will convert potential shoppers into buyers HERE.
3. Be the Expert – You’re the expert in your industry or category, so share it. Everyone needs to know that you work in produce, or toys, or can talk for hours about what slice of bacon tastes the best because of the fat content. This will, again, attract clients and customers for you.
4. Schedule Your Content – Because you’re busy and don’t want to post every day on every social media outlet in the world, scheduling content is crucial. Canva and MeetEdgar are my favorite resources for both creating on-brand content and scheduling it out (I batch several weeks at a time so I don’t have to think about it often).
5. Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. – Learn how to take just one piece of content and share it in multiple ways. This is a great example. I had a cool call and wanted to share it. I quickly made some notes to share, then jumped onto Zoom and recorded a video that will go onto my Marketscale podcast, YouTube channel and an email blast. I’ll later share bits and pieces as advice or quotes on social media and reference the podcast for folks to listen to.