In this episode, Melissa is joined by Trevor Sumner, CEO and founder of Perch, a leader in interactive product engagement marketing retail displays. From beauty to CPG to grocery, learn how in-store digital experiences can illuminate insights such as identifying top sellers, product merchandising opportunities and increasing ROI through story animation and education. Hear first hand case study data around recent learnings on how to capture first party product feedback data real time, increase email capture and enhance personalization possibilities.
More About Trevor Sumner
Trevor Sumner is the CEO of Perch, the leader in interactive product engagement marketing retail displays that can detect when a shopper touches or picks up a product and then respond with product-specific digital experiences that consistently drive 30-130% sales lift. Perch has won numerous Clio, Digi Edison and retail design awards and was named one of the 15 tech companies to watch in 2018 by Forbes. Trevor has been a founder, investor, advisor and operator for cutting-edge technology companies with multiple successful exits and is a regular contributor to business and technology publications such as Inc, Forbes, TechCrunch and Mashable. Trevor is a native New Yorker, an avid fisherman (he caught a 600 lb Black Marlin), an amateur chef and an adventure scuba diver who has dived on every continent including Antarctica.
This Week’s Questions
1. Who are some of your customers/can focus on what verticles you serve (ie: Beauty, etc)
2. How does Perch empower brands to “bring media” to the in-store experience?
3. What does it take for a brand to on-board with Perch?
4. What are some learnings over the past 12 months? (ie: Perch customers spend 83% more, return products less… and why?).
5. How do you see brands and retailers evolving how they “show up” in the new norm, how does experiential evolve?
6. What is Perch doing to evolve in the future, especially with touch and making interactions feel safer?
7. How do you see the state of things accelerating technology implementations (we know consumer adoption is up)? How can the ecosystem (tech providers like Perch, brands, IT teams) better work together to make implementations more attainable?
8. I always end with a fun question- focused on where you are from or where you live- While we aren’t traveling right now, we will again, what are the 3 must visit/must to-do things you would recommend to those visiting?